.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

K-Media - Puma®

Sunday, April 10, 2005

BBC News website editor's desktop

Pete Clifton
This is guy isn't just anybody.  Pete Clifton is the editor of the BBC News website and here, he chronicles this working life at the BBC.
 
The great thing about such companies, either public or private (like Google) is that they quickly the understood the power of blogs.  And the friendly way of blog writing.
 
For example when Mr. Clifton writes, you'll think that he's just a simple guy like you and me.  When Google employers write in Google Blog, they too seem to be 'normal' people with the average IQ.  But I personally don't really think they are.
 
I wonder how much training they've received before they could write this with this blog style.  Or maybe there are a lot of copyeditors who are delicately reviewing each and every one of their pieces.  Yeah, that's the whole secret.

2 Comments:

  • I had a bit of journalism training years ago, but I'm just trying out the column and learning as I go along. I think I'm too old for training now... And it won't be a blog until we get the technology sorted out at our end...

    By Anonymous pete clifton, at 4/27/2005 03:01:00 pm  

  • I just have to wonder what it would have been like if you had training!

    By Blogger NotScientific, at 4/28/2005 12:03:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home