.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

K-Media - Puma®

Monday, December 27, 2004

Observations on Google Print Falling Down on the Job

Well doesn't look like Google is perfect. One of their numerous BETA sites, Google Print, isn't up to the standards according to these writers. They say that Google is not responding and that they are taking too much time before processing their books and all. Evidently Google Print is in the Beta stage--BETA with capital letters, that is! It has been about a month since Google Print received both my books, but they do not appear in Google results. Books are supposed to appear when one does a search in Google on: Books on (title here). If one searches on any subject, not many books appear, period, meaning that Google has not scanned in many books yet. So far I've had to re-enter my tax information because Google Print lost it, or deleted it. Also, a week after I sent my books, their status went from Pending to Processed. Then, however, one book dropped back to Pending. It is the one book with pictures, so I'm thinking that perhaps Google did not think their scans of pictures were satisfactory. Perhaps Google Print ran into copyright and Fair-Use Act difficulties. Who knows?! Because I emailed Google Print several days ago and they still have not responded back. Google Print needs to send out a mass-mailing saying, "Hey, we screwed up, and it's going to take us three weeks to work through the backlog we created for ourselves. Sorry!" Yoel Natan Yoel eventually got a reply afterwards informing him that 1 of his books has now been processed. But what about the other one?

1 Comments:

  • Hi, Thanks for referencing my post. I just checked, and now 2 or 3 months after sending the books, the status is unchanged: one processed and one not. My book offering can be found at www.yoel.info.

    By Blogger Yoel Natan, at 1/28/2005 03:56:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home